Our Cork Orthotics practice has been providing custom foot orthotic insoles for over 6 years to people of all ages in Cork City.
We prescribe specific foot orthotic solutions only when necessary, to correct foot imbalance and bio-mechanical abnormalities of the feet. Custom orthotic insoles can restore normal foot-function, alleviate pain and help you to stay active.
Custom-Made Orthotics in Cork
Individuals who may benefit from foot orthotics include people who stand or walk on hard surfaces for considerable amounts of time each day, who participate regularly in high-impact sports, have suffered a foot or leg injury, or experience joint pain when walking, running, or standing.
What is a Gait Scan?
During a Gait Scan, you will be asked to stand and walk across a pressure plate containing 4000 sensors. This will allow us to have a clear picture of your foot mechanics and determine whether you would benefit from wearing custom-made foot orthotics.
Your Gait Scan with us will be only €10 (Our Fees).
Do I need a Gait Scan?
We would normally recommend a Gait Scan assessment if:
- You have sore feet on a regular basis e.g. plantar fasciitis;
- You have pain in your knees, Achilles tendon or shin splints;
- You spend a good portion of your day standing or walking;
- You play sport regularly, especially running sports;
- Standing, walking or running gives you joint pain;
- You have visible foot problems (bunions, fallen arches, corns);
- One of your legs is shorter than the other;
- You have knock-knees or bow legs;
- Your shoes wear out quickly or unevenly;
- Your feet “toe out” when you walk.
We will use a combination of our clinical experience together with the state-of-the-art Gait Scan technology to determine if you will benefit from custom foot orthotics.
Orthotic insoles correct bio-mechanical abnormalities of the feet and can be used in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Mon: 6.20 am - 8.30 pm
- Tue: 8 am - 8.30 pm
- Wed: 6.20 am - 8 pm
- Thu: 8 am - 8.30 pm
- Fri: 6.20 am - 8.30 pm
- Sat: 8.30 am - 2 pm