Contact us today to book your Gait Scan in Cork:
- CALL US: 021-4295800
- SEND AN EMAIL: email@example.com
- Or simply fill in the CONTACT FORM on this page!
How does a gait scan work?
During a gait scan, you will be asked to stand and walk across a scanner. The Gait Scan system records your timing sequences during gait as you walk or run across a pressure plate containing 4000 sensors. This allows to have a clear picture of your foot mechanics and determine whether you would benefit from wearing custom made foot orthotics.
1. Scans the Foot - As you walk across the pressure plate, thousands of tiny sensors capture the distribution of pressure of your foot over time.
2. Maps Foot Pressure - From your step, the computer displays 2D and 3D visual representations of the pressure under your foot. You can see where you have too much or too little pressure.
3. Prints a Report - The information is then summarised in a report that can be printed for you and Dr. Nichola Dunne to see. The report findings will help to evaluate your foot function and determine if the foot, back or knee pain you are experiencing is related to faulty foot function.
4. Determines the need for orthotic therapy - The information from this report will assist Dr. Nichola Dunne to determine if you need orthotic therapy.
5. Data is sent to the laboratory - If it is determined that you will benefit from orthotic therapy your information is then sent securely to The Orthotic Group laboratory. From there your custom made orthotics are manufactured specifically for you and your feet.
- We know that orthotics are not cheap, so we will never prescribe them unless absolutely necessary.
We pride ourselves in providing a warm, professional and friendly clinic, conveniently located on Douglas Road, Cork.
Our practitioners use world-leading techniques to ensure the swift and effective resolution of both acute and chronic conditions.